2014/06/30

Day 3 Panama to Galapagos Islands

We have more wind than expected with has meant good sailing and only a few hours of motoring since we left Panama CIty. Currently we are 40nm north if Isla Malpelo (Columbian offshore Island) on a fast close reach (7 knots steady just now) bound for the Galapagos, with 600nm to go (4-5 days sailing.)

Yesterday morning I was reflecting on the empty horizon that had encircled us once again. I always have angst about what might lie just over the edge. What trial awaits? Have we prepared sufficiently and in doing so, will we fairly earn the rewards of new experiences? Hard not to wonder why we explore and adventure here at the beginning of a new chapter - as we head for the Southern Hemisphere - I do not need to be the first, the fastest, or the best. I just want to feel the power of challenges attempted for my own self. Up to a point, I can live vicariously through the experiences of others; thereafter, the substance of a life well lived is in the doing.

- Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: your comments are public, should be family friendly, and of course concise... and it is often weeks or months until we actaully see and read comments (so we typically do not respond to questions in comments, email us instead)